Brand Name : Iparin
Generic Name : Enoxaparin Sodium Injection IP
Pack Size : Pre-Filled Syringe
Dosage Form : Solution for injection in pre-filled syringe (Injection).
Strength : 40 mg/0.4 ml & 60 mg/0.6 ml
Therapeutic indications : Iparin is indicated in adults for:
• Prophylaxis of venous thromboembolic disease in moderate and high-risk surgical patients, in particular those undergoing orthopaedic or general surgery including cancer surgery.
• Prophylaxis of venous thromboembolic disease in medical patients with an acute illness (such as acute heart failure, respiratory insufficiency, severe infections or rheumatic diseases) and reduced mobility at increased risk of venous thromboembolism.
• Treatment of deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism (PE), excluding PE likely to require thrombolytic therapy or surgery.
• Prevention of thrombus formation in extra corporeal circulation during haemodialysis.
• Acute coronary syndrome:
– Treatment of unstable angina and Non ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction (NSTEMI), in combination with oral acetylsalicylic acid.
– Treatment of acute ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) including patients to be managed medically or with subsequent percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI).
Pharmacotherapeutic group : Antithrombotic agent, heparin group
ATC code : B01AB05
Pharmacodynamic properties : Enoxaparin is a LMWH with a mean molecular weight of approximately 4,500 daltons, in which the antithrombotic and anticoagulant activities of standard heparin have been dissociated. The drug substance is the sodium salt.
In the in vitro purified system, enoxaparin sodium has a high anti-Xa activity (approximately 100 IU/mg) and low anti-IIa or anti thrombin activity (approximately 28 IU/mg), with a ratio of 3.6. These anticoagulant activities are mediated through anti-thrombin III (ATIII) resulting in anti-thrombotic activities in humans.
February 18, 2022